It would not be wrong to say that Mother Nature is biased towards Australia. If it was not the case then why there are beautiful coastline and beaches with so much to do. Just laze around soaking in the sun, enjoy the various water sports or indulge in the most popular time pass of the people of Australia, fishing.
Australia is world famous for its fishing holidays and you are guaranteed an amazing fishing experience. The fish species range from Barramundi, Mackerel, Swordfish, Tuna, Jack and Queen Fish to name a few. You can hire deep sea fishing charters and enjoy the wide variety of reef fish too such as squids, morwong, couta and gummy shark.
Before hiring a fishing charter do consider following points and guidelines.
- The first thing to consider is why you want the charter for, is it for watching the fishes or going for a big catch, some specific species. You needto tell Angling Adventure as to what is the purpose of hiring a charter so they can hire the charter for your specific need.
- If fishing interest you and you have just started out then you need to go out with an experienced angler to learn and get a good catch. Hire fishing charters for first time anglers so you can have a memorable experience and learn more about fishing.
- For some people fishing is their ‘me’ time and for some it is a time to bond with family or friends. Choose the charter accordingly so if your family members are not that much in to fishing they can do other activities that can be enjoyed in the charter.
- Do you want to fish any particular fish like the Barramundi or snapper. You can find charters that specialize in catching the particular species that interests you.
- Prices of the charters will differ according to the fishing season. Find a charter that is well priced and find about the terms and conditions of the particular rental.
- Ask the local people for recommendations. You can also go over the travel blogs and ask other tourists about the charter experiences.
A twenty minute’s flight from Darwin would take you the most remote and beautiful paradise making you feel as if you have gone back half a century in time. Melville Islands and Bathurst Island together form the Tiwi Islands that is full of gum trees surrounding the red dirt roads and abundant wildlife.
It is the place for the adventurous who like to do more than just usual fishing trips. The crocodiles, magpie geese and the buffalos are as common as the Barramundi fishes in the sea. The three lodges across the Melville Island and the Bathurst Island are perfectly suited for mainstay for the anglers and other tourists. They are truly built for fishing enthusiasts made also by fishing enthusiasts. The comfortable and simplicity of the lodges truly define the natural beauty and the adventure side of the Tiwi Islands.
Live in the comfortable cabins, eat scrumptious food and hit the water whenever you feel like some fishing. You get to enjoy some of the best fishing in the world as these islands offer blue water sports fishing for reef species and Spanish mackerel, fishing Barramundi and jacks. There’s more with some black jewfish, threadfin salmon, Saratoga, Queen Fish, coral trout and tuna. If you really enjoy fishing than here’s the best of all species making this place an amazing fishing destination.
The two islands are famous for Barramundi fishing like the rest of Australia. The islands are a true fishing playground. The chances of you catching a huge Barra here are more as these sleek fishes are infested in the inlets of these mangroves.
The best part about catching these fishes is that you don’t have to throw them back in the waters but make your quarry your food too. Just sit back and relax in the lounge with a couple of beers and cook your catch with your friends bragging about the way you caught it.
The remote location, the diversity of the fish species and the comfortable lodges makes Tiwi Island a favorite amongst anglers. Besides, enjoying angling adventures, the beautiful habitat offers something exciting and different each day. The distances are not very far so you can sometimes manage to head inland and fish in the glassy ocean all in a day’s time.
Australia gives you many good spots to test your angling senses. Be it the west or north the island continent gives ample places to play the real good tricks you know or have read to catch some amazing species of fishes in Australian waters. Among the many Darwin is one place that gives you head start to many territories in north and area surrounding. If you plan for Corporate Fishing Trips that give you best options to cover number of angling spots in planned schedule then Darwin and surrounding areas gives you a perfect trip for fishing expedition.
You can opt for a fishing charter or Fishing Mother Ship depending upon the number of people accompanied in group and requirements you have during your angling adventure. The spots which should cover your fishing itinerary at Darwin are:
- Darwin Harbor: With shoal bay at he east, Timor Sea at the north and Darwin harbor at the west, Darwin peninsula is covered by water on the three sides. You get chance to enjoy blue water fishing, light to medium tackle sport fishing and reef fishing depending on the type of season you step in here.
- Bynoe harbor: This large estuary complex to offer some memorable time fishing barramundi and Spanish mackerel in dry season.
- Adelaide river: Situated 70 kms to Darwin you get to fish saltwater barra, gold snapper and jewfish around the river mouth. Barra fishing trips are most popular here.
- Dundee coast: About two hours by road from Darwin you get to experience some excellent blue water fishing here. Mother ship is an excellent option here for the Dundee coast trip by sea.
- Tiwi islands: About 80 kilometers to the north of Darwin Bathurst and Melville islands also known as Tiwi islands gives you wonderful estuary and blue water fishing.
For Darwin based best fishing charters, mother ships and guides team at angling adventures can help make your trip a memorable experience.
Corporate outings are the best way to give a fresh start to your employees. Psychological benefits of such outings prove that once in year celebrating such events give better interaction and communication between the company and staff. These days companies ask their employees to give ideas or vote for their own option for a corporate trip planning. So if you are the one being asked for innovative ideas then Corporate Fishing Trips can be the one you can suggest.
A fishing trip has many benefits when done along with fellow companions, friends or colleagues.
- Fishing is not an indoor thing and planning for it means it’s an expedition to a distant place for few days. So it’s an outing in real meaning.
- You can arrange competitions for best angler or award for such angling games. These games keep the spirit of competition in the non competitive environment not allowing anyone to get bored in the trip.
- The fishing zones or water areas are present amidst the natural places so this could be the best way to be close to environment and feel the freshness of nature which you don’t get in that stuffy city life.
- Reaching the destination, staying over with your colleagues and seniors in the naturally blessed destinations gives you a chance to interact in better way which you could not do in your daily office schedule.
Looking at such benefits, island fishing with apt accommodation and stay facilities could be the best thing to happen if your company permits the trip.
Like Christmas Island Fishing is one popular destination for corporate outing in Australia. The island not only gives best chances of enjoying angling but also to have a look at those popular activities, such as, red crab migration, sports fishing, bird watch of some explicit birds in world that are found only here, the wildered native environment, four wheel drives and above all that island feel which itself allows you to sense beauty of nature from within.
So present your idea for fishing trip this time and experience an altogether different corporate outing.
Looking out for a best bass fishing spot in Australia for this Fishing Holiday then you surely would get but if you want to catch some real bass then nothing can be as fantastic as Papua New Guinea at the north coast of west New Britain. You can fly from Sydney, Brisbane and cairns to Hoskins the nearest port to Papua New Guinea. From where there is five hour boat drive to open bay shoreline.
Baia Sport Fishing Lodge here gets you the best accommodation and guided experience of fishing some fine verities of bass here. At the fresh waters you find spot tail and black bass and the reef is brimmed with mackerel, barracuda, mackerel, sailfish, and mahi mahi. Along with these huge varieties of fish you get to explore reefs and estuaries, some of which are still unexplored. The lodge is sufficiently equipped with boats and equipments for fishing.
If this is getting you keen for the place then do plan for but before that let’s take a quick look on some very helpful tips to make your bass fishing smooth:
- If you are aware of reflex action of cat pouncing mouse then be prepared for the same pounce by the bass. Bass gives tremendous reflex as soon it sees any predator. Fast moving lures can be used to utilize these reflexes for a catch. For better reflex action cool water conditions are excellent. For muddy water warm temperatures works good.
- For best bass fishing it’s very important to realize that bait should closely resemble the forage of the body of water wherein the bass resides.
- A swimming worm which give impression of live eel.
- Learning bass behavior is very much effective before heading for fishing.
- Bass fishing from the back of boat works wonders.
Rest is completely your way of angling or the best move you can make to catch a bass. But you are definitely going to enjoy at Papua New Guinea Baia lodge.
If it’s Australia then you could not resist yourself to jump in those cascading sea waves and enjoy some great surfing in the full view beaches. If you love fishing then how about trying hand with beach fishing while enjoying being at beaches? Some fine beaches of South Australia give you this amazing opportunity. If you are finding trouble from where to start for your south Australian Fishing Tours or which spot could be the best for it then here are some best fishing spots known for beach fishing in South Australia:
- The place to embrace five explicit locations for beach fishing Eyre peninsula is one the finest in S.A. Famous for Australian snapper championship and popular among on and offshore anglers whyalla offers some amazing fishes and blue swimmer crabs. The sheltered waters of the coffin bay famous for trevally, snapper and whiting is fantastic for surf fishing. The magnificent Murat bay that has jetty, beach, and boat fishing to offer. Known as the gateway to the group the Tumba bay is situated 12 kilometers south east offers you some great whiting to fish.
- York peninsula is the super fishing spot that offer you boat, jetty and shore fishing. Where port Broughton has thumping snapper and off port Victoria has King George whiting to offer here. Ardrossan, Stansbury and Port Hughes also have blue swimmer crabs to make your sea food basket.
- Host to the national fly fishing championship Clare valley is the popular destination for trout fishing.
- For silver whiting and mullet Flinders Range offer best land based fishing locations. Port Pirie here offers garfish, salmon trout, and snook to fish around here.
- Catch garfish, squid, plenty of whiting and snapper at the Adelaide beaches. Jetty fishing is worth an experience here at the semaphore beach.
Apart from South Australia, Christmas Island also offers you on and offshore fishing. So plan your beach fishing vacations ask for Christmas Island Fishing at angling adventures.
For who don’t know what Sport fishing is then they might think why fishing being called as a sport? The one’s who says this may not know how difficult it is to catch a fish. It may look a simple way of throwing tackle and waiting the fish to get caught if you are sheer lucky but they definitely don’t know how speculative an angler has to be when a particular fish is tried in particular set of conditions. They would have definitely not experienced the feel of some spectacular fishing spots in Australia, the land next to heaven for passionate anglers and fishing holiday seekers.
So for all the ones who intends to know more from fishing grounds of Australia, here are some best sportfishing spots in Australia to step to:
- Queensland-If a giant black awaits your arrival at the cairns then karumba at the Gulf of Carpentaria in north Queensland gets you barramundi and threadfin salmon. The Staten river fishing at the Cape York Peninsula give you chance to live the wilderness lodge and experience the feel of private cattle station.
- New south Wales-Bermagui is the magical fishing resort also known as the fisherman’s town gives you the very moment to call for the ocean giants as sharks, tuna and marlin. If you like the Japanese gourmets as sashimi then yellow fin tuna is in abundance here to get you the taste right in Australia.
- Gold coast-The holiday playground to give sun, surf, theme parks, pristine beaches and blue or black marlin in numbers to enjoy fishing holiday here. In shadow of high rise buildings you get the fascinating experience of catching a marlin here.
- Christmas island- The wilderness environment with a world of its own the island gives you ample chances to cast giant trevally, yellow fin and sailfish for sport fishing here. Captain Cook Hotel here gets you the whole stay more pleasurable.
For many who go to Australia, exploring its wild life has to be in the agenda. Of course if you are in here and haven’t seen kangaroos jumping in the natural surroundings of the island continent then it’s not worth coming here. For the fishing enthusiasts if you haven’t come across or tried for a Barramundi then whole expedition is just incomplete.
So how about a place which offers you the best of wildlife and fishing both at the same time? Yes, arnhemland is one destination that could suffice your both aims. The towering escarpments, rivers teeming with fish, savannah woodland, rugged coastline, lush rain forests and all that you can think for the wild, arnhemland has got it for you.
- Hundreds of bird species as azure kingfishers, jabirus and magpie geese if fascinates you for the best bird watch ever then Fishing Charters take you to the way where Spanish mackerel, coral trout and barramundi thrives.
- Gunbalaya on the other hand which is the first community here at arnhemland gives you chance to observe injalak art and craft center. You also get the moment to spend hearing dreamtime stories watching those ancient rock art. Got nerve for some collectible then those paintings and baskets at the art center done by those wonderful artists are rare to find.
- At the magnificent white sands and azure water be a part of the cultural tours outside the coastal town of Nhulunbuy. Catch the glimpse of historic ruins of early Victorian settlement.
- The Garig Gunak Barlu National Park at the top of northern territory arnehamland offers you some rugged terrains for trekking, photographing, bush walking, fishing and boating. Get exhilarated by the views of mosaic sandy beaches with coastal grasslands, rainforests patches, mangrove trees coral reef, and rich marine life.
So you see arnhemland has aboriginal culture, art galleries, and rich wild or marine life in one whole pack to bask you in nature. Planning for here needs you to apply for the permit from north land council in advance or ask a best tour operator that already has permit.
If you say me fishing is a crazy hobby then I will be very happy to accept this complement as I know the craze of finding a fish in the loop after hard day of fishing. Those crazy going moves when you want to catch a bone fish or giant trevally it actually is an adrenalin rush flowing through your veins. Although not everyone is a successful angler but as they say, ‘practice maketh man’ Sport fishing is almost like that. It’s like hunting a fish. But without some knowledge on your prey you find pretty hard time.
In fishing luck factor also works equally. Sometimes there are abundant fishes to catch and you lose the battle because the day doesn’t seem to be productive for you. But after all it’s the fun of catching a fish that counts. To animal lovers this sounds brutal so with due to respect to their thoughts I also recommend to go for catch and release fish.
Well before opting for any type of fishing it is but important to know certain basics while preparing your angling pouch.
- Know the fish better- For fishes vary in their habits, size, structure and weight. Even if all bone fishes look the same each of them differ in some or the other way. If you are heading to Exmouth Fishing then be prepared with some knowledge on coral trout, barramundi, mangrove jack, blue bone, and blue marlin.
- The fly fishing lines-Rated by weight which is further measured in total amount of grains. The popular weights of fly line are 4 to 9.
- The fly rod -The best to suit you depends on its capability of casting the weight of fly lines.
- The lure -If you know your fish well the choice of lure becomes easy.
- It’s but very important to practice some false cast before you attempt to start real casting.
Good preparation makes half the job done when it comes to fishing and with this you do enjoy the art of fishing.
If you are jealous of those tempting photographs of your pals who have recently gone for a fishing expedition in Australia and boasting to catch barramundi or swordfish in snaps then don’t lose your heart as there are still places in the island continent which are best known for fishing. Besides known as best these are some places very rare to catch glimpse. So if you are planning for Fishing Trips next in Australia just hop in some of these places to make it all exclusive and of which later your pals would be jealous of you.
Among the thousands of great places to fish in Australia there are the rare few which gives you additional pleasures of other water activities as snorkeling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking and nature sightseeing. So get your tackle already for a dream ride to phenomenal fishing zones in Australia:
- Melbourne- The port Phillip bay which is open from September to
march in whole year offers you the to have a boat tour and catch some flat head , snapper and whiting for the dinner in the evening.
- If fly and lure fishing is your interest then go for the best trout region of the continent, yes, the cressy in Tasmania. The town also gets you option to e enjoy the fishing competitions here.
- If you are Sport fishing enthusiast then Bonefish would definitely suffice your hunger for it at the Christmas Island.
- If your first stoppage is in Sydney then why leave it out. Go to south as Shoal Haven River awaits you there to catch flounder, bream, flathead and whiting. Chance to see the grant rocks and Pig Island are the package deals here along with the river.
- North Queensland with port Stephens as the blue water paradise gets you to enjoy the real fishing with white sandy beaches, great barrier walls and light to heavy tackle sport fishing for blue marlin.
- Do not forget to explore the largest coastal fishery of fish and estuary prawns at Hawkesbury River at the north of Sydney. Bass fishing is great here.